No matter what type of business you have, it’s no secret that online assessments can help you determine who people think you are and what they feel you offer. If you’ve ever struggled with knowing who your clients are, what they need or want, and how to effectively offer services or products they will actually buy, this strategy is a must.
Depending on your type of business and brand, you might opt for a fun quiz or a calculator – either way, the outcome is the same: information. Information is power, my friend, so let’s roll up our sleeves and dive into a simple, yet highly effective strategy to help you understand your client or customer base more.
A Strategic Ask
In Ryan Levesque’s book, Ask, the strategy of a well-placed question is laid out in his Ask Formula. Ryan shares the secret to asking the right questions to help determine how to find out exactly what people want to buy.
Collecting customer feedback is one of the best ways to understand how your company can improve, and the best way to do this is to ask your clients—directly. However, online assessments can help you learn more about who your customer is, what services and products they are seeking, and ways you can support them.If you want to know something, ask. Click To Tweet
Today, there are a variety of online assessments, surveys, quizzes, and calculators that you can use. The data yielded will be invaluable in crafting more targeted content, products or services, giving you a roadmap for inbound marketing strategies.
Wondering how to get started? Keep reading for ways to implement this effective strategy that will have you targeting your content and creating ideal offers in no time at all!
Assessment, Quiz, Survey, or Calculator – Which Works Best?
Determining the best way to deliver your online assessments really boils down to three things:
- Your business style:
- Is your business style casual or conservative?
- Your business type:
- Are you a brick and mortar or online business?
- Your desired outcome:
- Do you want to use the data for research purposes or to help guide an experience?
When looking at which category will work best for your business, understand that you don’t have to choose only one. In fact, we recommend trying a few styles and types to see which resonate best with your ideal clients and customers. Every opportunity will not be wasted because this strategy will ALWAYS give you some sort of feedback that will prove invaluable (even if it’s that your peeps don’t love quizzes 😉 ).
Here are the main online assessment categories:
- Online Assessments: these are great ways to determine how much your client or customer knows about you, your product or service, or your business niche in general. You can use assessments to also determine their pain points with a particular solution you provide. You can also consider using it to determine which phase they are in and what you would recommend for them based on their answers.
- When compiling your assessment questions, always
- Quizzes: these are extremely versatile and can be used when you are seeking to both engage with or inquire about your clients and customers.
- Calculators: these are perfect for businesses trying to qualify people for a product or service.
Production Tools To Build Your Online Assessments
Thrive Quiz Builder
Looking for an easy way to build complex quizzes without the hassle? Thrive Quiz Builder looks to help you increase your email list, social share, and give you data to grow your business. There’s no coding involved, but it’ll certainly look like there is. Here are some things you can look forward to if you use Thrive Quiz Builder to build an online assessment:
- Discovering interests: When you’re generating quick quizzes via Thrive Quiz Builder, one of its best uses is determining how to tailor your content. For example, if you run an online webstore and consistently publish blogs related to the content, ask your clients what types of blogs they like to see the most of or want to see more of.
- Offering specific content: Much like the first bullet point, polling your customers utilizing the quiz feature can help you determine what your audience is most interested in and creating content, products, and services related to their answers.
- Delineating clients: When you create mailing lists, emails or other portions of your business, it doesn’t always make sense to send all your content to every—especially if your business has groups with different interests. Separate your clients based on their polled interests in your quizzes so you can personalize their experience.
Thrive Quiz Builder is one of the most versatile quiz builders on the market. Here are just a few of the features this powerful tool does:
- Powerful Analytics: When if comes to seeing data, Thrive Quiz Builder serves of stats in more ways than you can imagine. It can track across time spent, starting vs finishing, quiz flow, individual question stats, social sharing stats, and user stats.
- 3 Online Assessment Types + Templates: Want to test out a quiz vs an assessment vs a calculator? Done. Thrive Quiz Builder offers you each type with different designs to choose from. Split testing is more than just a headline switch – you can customize each so many ways!
- Powerful Editor Features: You know what you can’t beat? Custom. Thrive Quiz Builder allows you to create with ease and offers flexibility other builders don’t.
- Dynamic Results: Choose exactly what you want your assessment or quiz or calculator result page should be, and even determine if you want to have people opt-in or not. You can even weigh your questions for more accurate answers.
And these are just some examples of how you can use Thrive Quiz Builder! With different quiz types and templates, you’ll be able to build exactly what you’re seeking to reach your clients. The biggest advantage of using Thrive Quiz Builder? It’s a WordPress plugin, so, all traffic is sent to and stays on your website.
If you’re looking for a self-hosted option for quizzes, consider brandquiz for building interactive content for your clients. brandquiz allows you to “activate” your audience and offers a free option for up to 100 participants. Here are the features that they offer:
- Quizzes and personality tests
- Interactive numeric calculators
- A/B tests and growth hacks
- Surveys and assessments
- Lead pages and forms
- Contests and promotions
These features can be embedded into any website, which means that you can instantly upgrade your website and its capabilities with brandquiz. Want to poll your clients on their opinions and preferences? You can assess where you can improve and make the adjustments accordingly.
SurveyMonkey is one of the top survey platforms out there. It’s both easy and intuitive so neither you nor your customers will have issues figuring out how to use the platform. Here are some of the top ways that you can use SurveyMonkey to reach your clients and improve your brand.
- Collecting feedback: Whether you want feedback from a regular user on a product or service or you want to know why an individual stopped using a product or service, creating a questionnaire via SurveyMonkey is one of the best ways to reach your clients. You’ll be able to select the questions and length of this survey to evaluate exactly how you can best serve your customers in the future.
- Improving customer experience: Looking to offer better customer experiences, rewards, and swag in the future? Offer a survey that helps you gauge which of these experiences are most appealing to your clients. It’ll help you improve customer loyalty and providing a survey to your customers also allows you to remind them that you’re interested in improving and adding value to their experience.
- Developing new products: When it comes time to developing new products that you don’t currently have at your company, who better to ask than those who know your products best? Ask your customers where your current products and services are lacking and what you can develop for them in the future. This will help you understand not only what you can create but also how it will do with your current audience.
Reach Out & Connect
Today’s technological world makes reaching your clients and connecting with them that much more attainable. With Thrive Quiz Builder, brandquiz, and SurveyMonkey, you can take your business to the next level and use these tools to improve your products and services using their feedback.
Are you ready to learn more about who you are attracting to your business and how you can best serve them? Schedule a free consult call to see how we can partner up on the production of your new assessment, quiz or survey today!